Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Precious Moments with our Pets

It's really hard when you take your dog to the vet and you get unexpected news.  This happened to me recently, and I realized how fragile elderly dogs really are.  My dog is 14 years old and not getting any younger.  He still has a bounce in his step, but is slowing down.  He had a few months where I experimented with some dry dog foods and he just didn't seem like he felt well.  So I put him on a raw frozen food.  He seems to be feeling better.



So we went to the vet for some routine maintenance.  Imagine my surprise and dread when the vet told me he heard a heart murmur.  This subject had never come up before.  He said my dog, Chip, is in stage 3 of 5 stages.  This sounded bad.  There is really nothing that can be done for a dog his age.   Upon bringing him home, he still seems to feel good.  He sleeps more, but still seems to have normal energy when he's up.  So I'm happy to say that he's ok for now.   But I certainly spend as much time with my baby as I can. Chip is and always has been my little buddy.   Hopefully, all of you reading this have a buddy you call your own.  Cherish those moments of loving on your dog as if they are your last.